You get so caught up in your routine and everyday life, that you forget about making time for your relationship. Work, kids, friends, family, obligations, everything is pulling you every which way.
When you’re too busy, you have to find a way to make time for your relationship to maintain that connection between you two. Even if it is just for 10 minutes, it counts! Here is the guide to help with making time for your relationship.
- Take up a hobby together – Choose an activity that you both will enjoy and like to learn to do together. Some examples of these hobbies could be dance lessons, learning a second language, or taking a shot at creating art pieces.
The cool thing about having a hobby together is that you both can connect and learn something new at the same time!
- Go to bed at the same time on some nights – For the night owls, turn it in early a few nights out of the week so that you can cuddle with your loved one. You guys can use this time to talk as well; catch up on what’s been going on in each other’s lives.
You both will enjoy this, as it may have been a while since you got to cuddle and be intimate with one another. Sometimes, all it takes is for you to be wrapped in your partner’s arms to relieve the tension of a long day.
- Read books together – Pick out some books that you will both like and spend some time talking about them at the end of the week. You can have a discussion Saturday morning before getting out of bed for instance.
You will enjoy listening to your partner’s perspective of the book vs yours. It is truly something how two people can read something and interpret it totally different sometimes.
- Create a daily ritual – Have a cup of coffee together before work. Take 10 minutes to connect with each other before starting your hectic day. You will be surprised by how little time with one another can put you in a great mood.
Creating a daily ritual also gives you guys something to look forward to each day. Your partner is your support, therefore taking any amount of time to just be with one another is comforting.
- Date night is a must – If you can’t make it a weekly thing, be sure to make time at least every two weeks just for date night. No kids, no family, no work, no friends, no cell phones. Whatever you decide to do, be present with one another the whole time.
Use this time during date night to reconnect with one another. Talk about goals that may have changed, thoughts, and feelings. Catch up on topics that you two haven’t been able to talk about because of being so busy.
Bottom line is: Making time for your relationship is a must. Spending time together helps the relationship continue to grow; you two connecting at a deeper level. It also helps keep your passion alive for one another, in the midst of your busy lives. With both of you making an effort for these moments together, spending whatever time together is that much more special.